I share productivity hacks I’ve learned, and analyze software performance. Currently blogging about *all* the productivity hacks I know. A few thousand people have actually read my stuff, which is really cool! I’m on twitter, @SpeedTestDemon, or subscribe to get notified of new stuff.
Here’s link to download free e-book on 12 productivity tips.
Productivity and Learning Tips. Some essays will be very general and applicable to everyone — other essays may be more geared towards software engineers, simply because I know so much about how to be a great software engineer.
- Turing Technique: Life-Changing Tip To Get Better At Chess and Chess Variants Quickly, written by a Fully Recovered Chess Addict
- Chrome Aliases, visiting bookmarks with just a few keystrokes
- Surprising mention of affirmations from 3 totally different people: a cartoonist, an olympian, & “America’s greatest salesman”
- Zig Ziglar’s trick: little-known way to beat procrastination due to reluctance, and the best anti-procrastination trick I’ve ever used
- The Four Most Powerful Mindset Hacks That Have Worked For Me
I have fun writing these essays. They are about software usually, but don’t fit in any of the other categories yet.
Next Big Thing? Mighty App, the Internet VIP pass. A high performance browser is coming.
Currently doing a series of blog posts analyzing free CDNs (or the free tiers of premium CDNs).
- Cloudinary vs CloudFront: Cloudinary crushes Amazon Web Services!
- Jetpack CDN vs Amazon Web Services CloudFront: Jetpack surprisingly faster!
- Is a premium CDN like CloudFront worth it, instead of a free CDN?
- Cheat Sheet on Curl Performance Metrics: how to benchmark server latency with curl
- How To Speed Test a CDN (Testing Methodology)
Open sourced under MIT license.
Python CDN Speed Test Script: I use this to automate the collection of metrics about CDNs.