Facebook is by far the most popular social media platform with over 1.5 billion users worldwide, and these numbers are five years ago. Facebook’s main feature is to create a profile where you can post photos of yourself, your family and friends, or just about anything that Facebook allows on their website. One of Facebook’s features allows users to “Like” any post they are viewing whether it is a photo album or an update from someone they are connected to.
If you are a regular Facebook user or a Facebook addict, then you must have noticed that your friends, family members and relatives are quite fond of liking your post. Even when you know that they like your posts, their habit is very annoying when there are too many likes on one particular status.
With that, this article aims to provide information on how you can remove a like on Facebook, particularly a Facebook page or a Facebook post.
What is a Like on Facebook?
A like is a sign of an individual liking your post or your page. It is as straightforward as that.
Removing Likes coming from Other Facebook Users
Now, let’s get started with the steps of removing facebook likes (that are something that you know every facebook user wants)
- Open your facebook account;
- Click your profile picture at the top right corner of your facebook page and click settings from the drop down menu;
- You will see this option in front of you: Edit Profile (In some cases it might have changed its place, so just look around for this option).
- Now when you click on “Edits Profile”, another window will open in front of you. It will be a small window comparing how Facebook looks before and after editing or changing/updating anything on Facebook by following Facebook guidelines and Facebook rules.
- Scroll down on the left hand side of your facebook page where you will find a “Likes” link, click on it.
In case you do not see any likes link or option, then there is a problem with your facebook account or privacy settings. In that case, contact the facebook support number. It seems like this step has been missed in some cases.
- Now another window will open before you which contains all posts of yours that have been liked by other facebook users. Choose the post that has too many likes and needs to be removed from the top most liked posts list among them all.
- Delete the like by clicking on the cross mark given against each and every facebook user who has liked it.
Removing Someone Else’s Likes
To remove a Facebook like from a post go to the post you were shared on Facebook , click on the three dots in the upper right hand corner of the post, and select “Remove Page Likes”. Facebook will then ask if you are sure that you want to remove Facebook likes from the post. Click “Remove” again to confirm your decision.
Facebook users can do this for posts they have shared on Facebook, including posts that were removed by Facebook for violating Facebook’s terms .
Removing Your Own Likes on A Page
On your personal Facebook account, you can remove your own likes on specific pages by following the steps stated below:
Go to Facebook on your desktop.
Go to your profile
On your profile, look for the three dots beside ‘Edit Profile’
Once you click on the three dots, a menu will come out with a selection. Click on Activity Log.
To see the pages that you have liked, you should click on the page you are redirected to and click on Pages, page likes, and interests.
Once redirected you will be sent to the pages you like, on the three dots and the unlike button should come out.
Remove the Like Function on my Business
The Like function is automatically part of your business page when you create a business page on Facebook.
So, you want to remove facebook like from your business page on Facebook? This is quite a tough question, but I can put it simply.
Facebook allows you to add a facebook like box to your webpage if the owner of facebook likes or shares any webpage then facebook automatically gets added in your facebook timeline feed. So, here’s how to remove facebook likes from your page:
- Go to “page settings” and click “edit” next to where you see the number of likes that page has got.
- Click ‘Remove’ under ‘Showcase Page’. You must be signed into a personal account for this option to appear when viewing your own profile.
Note: If you have been using the facebook likes plugin in your own website to increase facebook page likes then it would take at least 15 days for facebook to remove facebook likes from your facebook page.
Facebook likes can be very annoying, but it is possible to get rid of them. You may also want to remove some likes on pages that you no longer support by following the tutorials above. Either way, you should make sure that your Facebook privacy is in check.