Kehoe Airport is a fictional airport in the movie “Cold Pursuit” starring Liam Neeson. It is a small airport in town where the son of Nels Coxman (Liam Neeson) works. Criminal enforcers Speedo and Limbo kidnapped his son from the airport. They have killed him by a forced heroin overdose as they have mixed him up with the man who stole a bag of coke. The Kehoe Airport is also the place where drug cartels ship and pick up their supplies.
Is Kehoe a real place?
The Kehoe setup is very ideal, and the view of snowy mountains is captivating. However, no matter how you searched it on the web, Kehoe is all fictional. Most of the places in the film are made with Computer-generated imagery (CGI). Most places are filmed in the Canadian provinces of Alberta and British Of Columbia. Here are a few places and scenes in the movie that are digitally added:
- The Kehoe Airport. They have filmed the movie at the Canadian Rockies International Airport in Cranbrook, British of Columbia
- Nels Coxman house. No matter how you searched it on Airbnb, you cannot see it on the map because the stunning home of the Coxmans is not real. It was all made up by the crew. They have built a cabin on a hill with views of The Fortress mountain in the Spray Valley Provincial Park area. (canadianpharmacy365.net)
- The Kehoe Village. It is in Fernie, British Of Columbia where they edited some of the details such as the huge snowy mountain.
- The graveyard. The crew filmed it at the marvelous snowy Kananaskis Valley in the Canadian Rockies.
- The waterfall. It is where Nel dropped the bodies of drug cartel members that he killed. But, it is not real and is just CGI.
- The Morgue. They have filmed it in The Waterfall Building located at 1540 West 2nd Avenue, Vancouver, Canada.
- The Ski Resort. The crew edited some of the details of Empress Hotel, Victoria in British Columbia in Canada to make it appear as a Ski Resort.
Where is Kehoe Airport located?
The Kehoe Airport was filmed in Canadian Rockies International Airport in Cranbrook, British of Columbia. It is owned by the City of Cranbrook and operated by Elevate Airports Inc. You can locate it within five nautical miles north of Cranbrook and 20 km south-east of Kimberley, British of Columbia.
They offer the ease of flying from and safely returning passengers to their homes. In 2012, they received the William Templeton award and received a nomination from the Dean of Aerospace of British of Columbia Institute of Technology. Recently, they have re-zoned 52 acres for commercial and industrial airport land development. As of the moment, they are still in the mid-process of developing an extensive sustainability plan.
What Happened in Kehoe Airport?
In the movie, the son of Nel Coxman (Liam Neeson) named Kyle works at the Kehoe Airport. Kyle was about to end his shift when two men grabbed him and kidnapped him. They have forcefully overdosed him with heroine because, they have mixed him up with his co-worker Dante, who stole a bag of coke in the airline. While they drugged Kyle, Dante managed to escape from the kidnappers leaving Kyle as the only victim. Out of grief, Nel (Liam Neeson) attempted to take his life with a shotgun. However, Dante- his son’s co-worker- appeared and told him about the truth. Nel chased the members of the drug cartel and killed them to avenge his son.
In the same airport, Nels Coxman (Liam Neeson) chased one of the men involved in his son’s murder named Santa. It was seen in the movie that Santa flew with coke and out with the money. He chased him in the snowy road with his Snowplow and shot him dead. After that, he wrapped his body with chicken wires and threw his remains on the waterfalls, same with the others.
What does Liam Neeson’s Character do at the Kehoe Airport?
In the movie, Nel Coxman (Liam Neeson) received a Citizen of the Year award. But his righteous life has changed after his son died of a heroin overdose. After his character found out about the truth, he became a justice-seeking vigilante and chased the men behind his son’s death.
He first went after Speedo and strangled him to death. Then, he went to the second member of the group named Limbo. Limbo confessed that an enforcer named Santa told him to kill Kyle and Dante. After getting all information he needs, he shot Limbo and threw his body in the gorge same as Speedo. He went straight to the Kehoe Airport and looked for Santa. Santa flies in cokes at the Kehoe Airport. Nel (Liam Neeson) watched until he found Santa carrying cokes in his truck. He chased him in the snowy field with his snowplow. He killed him with his gun, then covered his body with chicken wires and dropped him off in the waterfalls.
Is there any real Kehoe Airport?
Kehoe Airport is fictional, but there exists an airport called Keho Airport. Keho Airport or Shelby–Cleveland County Regional Airport is a public-use airport located three nautical miles southwest of the central banking district of Shelby, in Cleveland County in North Carolina.