A classic game of UNO gets a minor upgrade adding four new cards to the deck. The game is still the same, but now you have a Swap Hand card, which allows you to swap cards with your opponent and three blank cards. There are two ways to use these blank cards. First, you can use it as a wild card, where you can write any house rule you want, such as making another player draw ten cards or copy the last card. You can erase it at the end of every game, then write a new one to start a new game. Second, you can use it as a replacement if one of your cards is lost or damaged. Either way, this upgrade makes the game more challenging and more fun.
Uno blank card rule ideas
Originally, UNO has only five action or wild cards, such as:
- Draw Two
- Wild Draw Four
The new version of the UNO card added three customizable cards that challenge the player’s creativity and wit. There are many creative ideas that you can put on the blank cards. Here are some of the most popular that you can see online:
- Skip Reverse- will reverse the flow of the game, and at the same time, skip the player that played before you.
- Skip All- have all player skip their turn for you to have the turn again
- Copycat– card mimics the last card placed on the discard pile.
- Discard all wild cards- you can ask to discard all wildcards from players’ decks.
- The magic eye– will let you check a chosen opponent’s card.
- Paradigm shift– players swap cards to the next player per the current direction of the game.
- Steal Turn– it can be played anytime and steal someone’s turn
- Duel– you can choose an opponent, both of you will choose a numbered card and compare. The player with the higher number wins, and the one who loses will draw three cards.
- Shuffle all- take a card from all players’ hands to reshuffle the draw deck, then redistribute to all players per the last number of cards they had.
- Charity– give two cards from hand to a chosen player
- Grave Digger– choose a card from hand then swap it with any wildcard on the discard pile
These are just a few of the rules that you can put on your blank UNO cards. Either way, they were added to spice up the game a little bit more.
The Best Thing to Put in UNO Blank Cards
The new blank cards have made the game more engaging than it was with the original deck. These are customizable, whatever rule you like to add. You can even find some creative ideas online. But if you wonder what is the best thing you could put on your UNO blank cards, I guess it will depend on the players. Though you can write your own rules on the card, make sure that everyone agrees before you start the game. You can come up with any rules in mind, including removing the effects of another card, or you can be more extreme or even funny. So, it really depends on the players of what they think could spice up the game to be more interesting and engaging. At the end of the day, it was created just for fun and family quality time.
Top UNO Blank Card Funny Ideas
UNO is not just about winning with all your strategic skills and instinct. It is a great way to teach kids about numbers and colors and bolsters good memory for all ages. It also improves other skills such as time management skills and decisiveness. With all the good benefits of the game to our brain, the ultimate goal is to have fun with your friends or loved ones. Fun without funny ideas is just, boring, old, repetitive game. So, forget about the old version and learn how to play with some extravagant ideas. Adding colorful, crazy, and funny ideas to cards will make the game even more thrilling. Here are some of the funny ideas found online that you can put on your cards:
- Put creative drawings or caricatures on the card
- Let someone solve a riddle. If a player lost, then choose a consequence
- Set a wild dare on the card
- Do funny acts such as letting your opponent do the chicken dance
- Incorporate another game like card toss or guess the number on the top card of the draw pile
There are so many ways to make the UNO game more thrilling than before. It is up to you and who you are with to choose what to do on those blank cards to make it more fun.
Can you End UNO on a Blank Card?
Yes, you can, since you are technically creating your own rule. You can end it right there and then. You can put a specific rule that would end the game, however, make sure that you all have agreed to this rule from the start. Again, it is up to the players to customize any rule to write on the wild blank cards because at the end of the day, it’s just a game that must be enjoyed.